a The Transit Lounge: Dating in Osaka - DIO Introduction

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, April 7

Dating in Osaka - DIO Introduction

After 18 months of Osaka living, I figure I am expert enough to comment on the dating scene in Japan. We all know how easy it is for gaijin men in this country; that stamp in their passports from Immigration pretty much guarantees them non-stop female action from the minute they step out of the airport.

But what about for us gaijin girlies? Is it that easy , and if it isn't, why not?? Are Japanese men and gaijin men all that different? What about competition from the local lasses? Who can I trust to give me some sound advice amongst the "only-what-I-want-to-hear" filler talk?

Good news fellow chicksters, I feel it's about time the gaijin chick's voice got heard in all of this. Someone on good authority has to let the female newbies in on just what to expect, and what not to expect, from the whole "boy-meets-girl, boy-meets-japanese-girl" thang going on here, and be realistic about your chances from the word "go".

I am going to start documenting my dating experiences here in The Transit Lounge- I gotta check back on my diaries for this one. Hopefully you will learn something from my mistakes and fingers crossed I will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home