a The Transit Lounge: DIO#2 - A Half-Assed Attempt

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, April 11

DIO#2 - A Half-Assed Attempt

Hmm, so in the end I did go out on Saturday night because flatmate#1 begged me and I hate to see a grown DJ beg.

Venue - Oasis
Target - NYukinari, only after it was put to me. Before that I was thinking about how I wished I had stayed home.
Issue - Wasn't thinking about anyone in particular when Cliff aka Flatmate#1 said I'm gonna hook you up. I thought he was talking chemicals, then I realised he was talking boys. The chemicals came later.
Fact - I have always thought Yukinari was a bit of a cutie. And he thinks I'm funny (seriously, how could he not after seeing my lawnmower/dj dance). He when laughs whenever he sees me - come to think of it, maybe he is laughing at me, not with me. Something to ponder.
Fact - I wasn't actually looking. I was having too much fun doing tequila shots with Chie and seeing her get drunk (so much fun).
Fiction - I was eyeing off that other dude who looked like he had just come from a Full Moon Party in Thailand (Red Bull T-shirts are so last century, at least put on your fake Diesel gear!), who kept looking at me - reality is I can't see so well when I wear my contact lenses and people sometimes mistake my squinting for actual interest.
Fact - Yukinari is playing this weekend, but can I really be bothered paying 2000yen to get into Triangle? Don't think so.
Fact - We did exchange phone numbers in the end.
Fact - He kept touching me on the stomach - WTF?
Words of Wisdom - "You're the coolest chick in this town, do the drunken pash." Cliff forgets I am not him and when I am drunk it ain't my style to say to people "Let's makeout." It's more my style to rabbit on to people about myself. Also rejection wasn't part of my vocab that night and I didn't want to take the chance that it could make an appearance.
Possibility of Date - Slim to none with my track record in Japan. He told me to call him and to come to West. But then again he is Japanese and a lot of Japanese men have this strange habit of being way too polite and saying stuff to be kind even when they don't mean it (it's that whole avoidance of confrontation thing), which in the end makes you feel like an even bigger idiot.
Plan of Attack - Probably nothing, just wait til I see him at another party of sorts - at the moment that is better than being on the end of an ugly NO. Ahhh well she sighs.
Mental Note - stop thinking I can speak good Japanese when I'm drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home