a The Transit Lounge: List Number 7

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, May 23

List Number 7

I am currently smiling at home made oolong tea, been drinking the stuff non-stop for a week and already lost a number of kilograms...nevermind that I am twitchy as hell and suffering from the drys something chronic, I am losing weight sleeping. Come to think of it, I am hardly ever hungry now and can't remember when my last full meal was. When I made a comment to Cliff comparing the affects of oolong tea to being similar to that of ecstasy, minus Terrible Tuesday, he asked me exactly how I was making the stuff. I said "Just like you told me, and I'm boiling it for 15 or 20 minutes." Turns out you are supposed to boil it for 1 minute only, and the stuff I've been concocting is what the witch doctors in the Asian hinterlands would be using to make their yaks lose weight. Another few weeks should do it.



Also pretty happy about The Red Rocket, the brand new bike I picked up for an ichiman last week. Picture to follow shortly. The bike is a direct extension of my style, and suited to me to a tee. And I'm able to ride to work now.

There is still cause for me to frown though and the first one goes to the Japanese doctors who treated Troy, after he mangled his left wrist (5 breaks and a dislocation) while he and I were riding our bikes. He flew back to NZ for emergency surgery, upon which the surgeon promptly told him to sue the hospital here that "treated" him and then took photos to show to his medical students as an example of how not to treat an injury of this nature .

I must also extend this feeling of disgust to the stubborn staff member at Popeye's Media Cafe, where I take my weekly tans. If you wanna overcharge me, admit to the mistake but then still insist I pay the extra amount, then threaten to call the cops when I am 58 yen short because no matter how many times I tell you I have no more money on me, you refuse to believe that it won't magically appear, continue to scream at me like a maniac, try to grab my wrists and then try and snatch my bag from me, force me to sign a "promise" that I cannot read and then try and finger print me, well go ahead because we all know who had the last laugh when I came back 2 hours later and dumped out a bag of 1 yen coins all over your counter as you were still trying to clean off the bright red ink marks about the size of my right fist from your front desk...You didn't see that coming did you?? Your co-worker best summed it up when he called you a wanker.

Check out my previous yays n nays.

3 Comments:

Blogger mieko said...

ooohhh my godddddd you know what?!,I think Im hungry,too. should I just drink oolong tee to make our stomach full? itll work an houre I guess...

3:24 am

 
Anonymous akira said...

gotta be careful with oolong tea yaknow. it could burn your stomach coz it makes u realese more acid and makes u gasy...hehe well wot a bith! media cafe popeys are full of shit! screw em! ur a higher being gorgeous and u know that!

11:53 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

hmm - me gassy...now there's a thought.

1:40 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home