a The Transit Lounge: That Was Then. This Is Now.

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, May 9

That Was Then. This Is Now.

Hmm, time for reflection. It has been just over 12 months since I started The Transit Lounge. There were a myriad of matters behind the initial post, and reasons why I created this blogsite, and I've become curious as to whether I have resolved any of them, and how I may have changed during this time.
Over the last few days, I have been asking myself questions relating to a variety of issues, mainly to do with how I now regard myself in terms of such things as my physical and mental health, overall happiness, my feelings towards myself, the direction (or lack thereof?) my life is taking and the way in which I conduct myself towards other people and towards achieving my goals compared with this time last year. Yup, those lighthearted soul searching kind of questions that can make or break you depending on your state of mind at that particular moment.
I have been flicking through the blog, re-reading almost every post. I have often surprised myself - in some cases I forgot I had even written certain things, in other cases I laughed out loud, pleased that the amusement was shared "with" the me-at-the-time who had written the post, and not "at" her. Sometimes I was quite shocked by the emotion I had invested into a few of the posts - in part because I can't remember feeling so passionate about particular events, something I think demonstrates "moving on", and also because I was surprised I could put to paper and accurately convey the strength of my feelings for whatever it was. I mean I always re-read my posts right after I have written them but...
Nothing can compete with the spin that time puts on...anything...on everything.
I am also quite stunned by my often arrogant approach to things - although so not surprised. I can definitely tell when I was drunk and on the blog. You can be guaranteed that is when Liz The Egotistical Homosapien strikes.
Well I'm going dissect this a little more and continue with the introspective over the next few days, but for now let's just agree that people and situations have unquestionably changed - and I'm so satisfied to report it is for the better.
The one thing I now know, speaking with the certainty of hindsight as backup, it will never be that bad again. I know I will never allow it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home