a The Transit Lounge: Summer Has Arrived!

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, June 1

Summer Has Arrived!

I'm having a real moment. Got home from work, got the house to myself and got the stereo blaring Kate Cebrano's Best Of. Something I haven't listened to in an age, and it's kinda refreshing. And I remember all the words.
Summer is officially here, although the weather of the past month has been nothing short of fantastic....Wish I could say this is how it would stay but we have the wet season coming shortly (this month) and 2 months of sheer hell that is the real Summer of Osaka. Hot n Humid Turmoil and dealing with it in this concrete landscape. At least the Wet Season brings with it typhoons and the possibility of days of from work. Children do not go to school when a typhoon has been forecast to hit. Last year, I was teaching adults so I never got to to use and abuse this regulation. But this year things have changed!
Been enjoying my rides to and from work on The Red Rocket. I'm taking full advantage of this free and glorious tanning time. No riding in the shade, just the direct sunlight that hits the east side of the Nankai Rail tracks I follow.
You can definitely tell Troy is back in the country. I walked in the house to find the vacuum not only plugged in, but left out....outside that is, on the balcony. He has obviously given the fake grass a once over...

1 Comments:

Anonymous AKIRA said...

yup summers here sweety! and here comes exess moiture we so dont need! well glad that troy is back. we all missed him somuch!

3:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home