a The Transit Lounge: On The Runway...

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, July 29

On The Runway...

A few things I forgot to add.

6. Plumber's Cleavage
Not good whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your sex. A no-no that used to solely belong in the male arena, this fashion fugly has slowly made it's wait into the female wardrobe thanks to Posh Spice and Britney Spears creating the illusion that ALL women can wear low/barely there waisted hipsters....bumsters....whatever, just pull 'em up Kao San Road!!

7. Braids/Cornrows
I thought this disaser was confined to Bali only. Wrong. In oh so many ways.

(We will never remember a time when I, as a young, naive 17 year old accompanied by parent's on a trip to Bali and did infact inflict this upon myself. Worse still I kept it in for 2 weeks afterwards and wore it to school. Oh the shame, but I'm pleading young stupidity. And there is no photographic evidence. Upon coming to my senses, I destroyed it.)

8. White Out
Unless you are Nicole Kidman (and even then, I still have my doubts), you should only wear an all-white ensemble if you have the tan to carry it. That cancels out all Brits immediately.

9. Flower Power
"Are you going to San-Fran-Cisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers...um...err....everywhere."
Alpha-male just strutted past me, baring his chest, talking a bit too loudly, hi-5ing his mate on the flipside - in general emphasising his kewlness with his flowered "let's-go-raving-to-New-Order-I've-already-got-the-glo-stix" hat and matching flowered boardies. Oh so Billabong, oh so Kelly Slater, oh so 10 years ago.

I guess this post is a work in progress, practically writes itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I have a feeling you'll never finish to write this post...
it'll keep going on and on and on..
'cause you see, you'll start doing that even at "home", Osaka, Tokio or whereever you'll be ;)
Once you start with these kind of things, you get addicted to it! :))

Peace.

11:08 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I already do that anyway, it's just that i can't put it online - i would offend way too many people i know.

11:20 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home