a The Transit Lounge: Totally Thailand

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, July 29

Totally Thailand

This place is f%^ken awesome... and I haven't made it out of Kao Sahn Road yet. I'm leaving tomorrow to hit the beach for a week and then coming back to meet Akira, Kaori and a student of mine, Aki. I've already had an hour long Thai massage and then a foot massage and now I am contemplating a nap (my asthma is not very good so I have to take it eaaaaasy). Later on I will do some shopping - I got here and decided there were a billion things I must buy. I had the best green curry for dinner last night and then this Irish guy Keith joined me at my table and gave me the low down of what is going on around here. I had to bail early though cause I was wrecked from my flight (this huge fat man sat on me the entire way, on top of having to sit through Miss Congeniality 2....oh so bad). I've already done a heap of writing, some for this blogsite. I find I am enjoying sitting at a cafe somewhere and watching the hoardes of people go by with my notebook. Stay tuned for "A Backpacker's Guide To Looking Good." My theory is that just cause you are lugging round a backpack, doesn't mean your fashion sense should fall by the wayside (which some people around here obviously think that's ok). This is a must read for everybody already here and for those of thinking of coming to Bangkok...ahhhhh, im gonna go shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home