a The Transit Lounge: Exciting Stuff - Dating In Osaka Returns

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, September 7

Exciting Stuff - Dating In Osaka Returns

Take the bull by the horns...
Venue: Al Avis, Namba Parks
Target: The cute waiter - turns out his name is Mikawa
Fact: Went to Namba Parks last night on a whim to help Akira plan his winter wardrobe at FCUK (our favourite shop).
Fact: That fur lined denim jacket rocks Akira and you should definitely get it...when there is some cashflow.
Fact: I am going to buy that Jamaican headband too, as well as the bag. And those shoes with the ballet laces...again, when there is cashflow sometime in the next 20 years.
Fact: As usual, I was hungry so shopping was cut short and Akira suggested Italian...enter Mikawa.
Words of Wisdom: "He is at sunkus now. Go get him." Thanks Akira.
The short-short story: I decided to hell with it, pulled out my business card, wrote all in Japanese on the back that I thought he was cute and he should give me a call, and handed it to the waiter on the way out. I pretty much just ran out. I was so prepared to forget all about it, but when I finished work at 11.30 last night, I got a message. He said he was very surprised but happy and he had just finished work and did I want to meet for a drink? By the time I had managed to get a translation on the message I was already in Da'Cho, in my PJs chowing down on Cabbage-yaki and downing the water in an effort to avoid a hangover today. Before I know it, he sends a message and he is at the Sunkus near my house. So he came over, we drank bad sho-chu and we chatted for about 2 hours. He speaks no English whatsoever and I speak such bad Japanese, but we had a good laugh anyway.
Thanks to: Akira for his fast translations and quick thinking. Oh and for suggesting that restaurant.
Plan of Attack: Start Japanese lessons again this week.
Something to Think About: What the hell are we going to talk about when we meet up later today? I used all my Japanese last night.

7 Comments:

Blogger blog-on said...

Awesome blog! I be back again and again!

My site martial arts ebookslists and informs visitors of various martial arts ebooks

I invite you to visit it

10:38 am

 
Blogger voda_boy said...

i look forward to reading part two tomorrow:P

1:02 pm

 
Blogger Nathan said...

Sounds good and quickly done.

So, you might not have to complain about loneliness after all...

cheers!

4:21 pm

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Well done! I have enough trouble in English, let alone another language.

5:36 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Christ, believe you me, it zapped all my energy. I got a couple of messages from him last night (again all in Japanese, and once again Akira thanks for your translations) but before I see this guy again, I think I need to take an intensive Japanese course. I guess there are only so many times I can ask "Where do you live?" and say "I come from Australia" before it gets....tedious for both parties.

12:04 pm

 
Blogger Nathan said...

I guess that:" How old are you?" and "What do you do?" Has been used already too... ?

4:21 pm

 
Blogger Nathan said...

I am still waiting to know how it was on saturday.... last saturday...

:)

Nathan

4:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home