a The Transit Lounge: Hisashiburi

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Sunday, September 25

Hisashiburi

Long time no write.

After a hectic month since returning from my holiday - including one with no internet connection - I am back on the blog. So much to say, too much to type and I don't know where to start. Can somebody help me?
It has been over 2 months now since I have seen Cliff. He went back to Canada while I was away and had to stay longer due to back problems. And Troy has been in NZ for the last 2 weeks. The both get back Tuesday which I can't wait for. Had a drunken Criffy call the other night - was good to hear his voice and made me realise how much I've missed them both.
Have gone to a number of great events including Ko Kimura - great great great night of course -, West - was Yukinari's birthday, he is so, SO cute-, Bike Club's Premiere Party, and the pre-London Calling Party and the finally THE London Calling Party last night. From the one interview with Ko Kimura I've met a lot of promoters and event organisers and hope that we can all work together with Bike Club to help each other out.
Also had some writing opps come my way. I interviewed the lead character from Cirque de Soleil on Friday night which will go on the Bike Club website, and next month I will be interviewing an international DJ for one of the local foreign rags here (and getting paid for it!!).
What else?? Went to Universal Studios last weekend with Jack's daughter and his niece, who lives in Kyushu and was up visiting for the long weekend. Was a great day, but I have to go back to go on the scarier rides.
With the boys gone been hanging out with people I haven't seen in a while. Met a lot of great characters and been having fun not only meeting new people again, but meeting chilled and like-minded people, which is usually pretty difficult in this city.
And now the internet is finally up and running in my house again!! Oh how I hated not having the internet working, it really frustrated me!! So as the week goes on I will fill you all in a little more.
Sayonara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home