a The Transit Lounge: Realities of an Ambitious Dreamer

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Saturday, September 3

Realities of an Ambitious Dreamer

Upon revisiting my wish list to remind myself of what I was supposed to be striving for, I realised perhaps I was little to ambitious at the time of writing (way back when in April) and that due to changes in circumstance mixed and outright laziness, it was probably worth revising.

Going down the list:

Points 1 and 2 are still up there. I'll get to Europe one day, and I've got plans for some sort of book. Maybe I will start with my autobiography...

Point 3 is just laughable - me a house owner by next year - why did I ever put that? I should rephrase that to mean I will live in a house somebody else (hopefully a husband) buys. I guess for a split second there I thought I could responsibly manage my money more so than just chucking leftover shrapnel into my "rainy day" tin. It's one of those aluminium tins that only has a slot big enough for coins to go into it. And there is no way to open it, so you are forced to save somewhat. That is unless you have a huge butcher's knife and have hacked it open like a tuna can. As I have. All that remains in it are an Aussie 10 and 20 piece - and they certainly don't work in vending machines over here, no matter how many times you put them through.

Point 4 - Still here in Japan, and no plans of leaving anytime soon. That may have something to do with the above...

Point 5 - Oh how exciting, I can add another "done"! Learning more and more Japanese everyday.

Point 6 - Well Mt Fuji or Thailand. Due to visa issue, I was forced to leave the country during prime climbing season. There's always next Summer.

Point 7 - Slowly does it. Still working towards my writing career although I could be a whole lot less lazy about it.

Point 8 - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I've always said I was a dreamer. Can I borrow your car?

Point 9 - This happens in mysterious and unexpected ways, and warms me even on my most prickly of days.

Point 10 - For the time being I will be content with holidaying in FNQ. When I get some money.

New Points To Focus On: (Read: What I Should Do To Be More Responsible But Probably Won't).

Go out less - actually this is a bit easier to do now that I am hostessing again (a) cause I am drinking on the job and (b) if we do go out for more drinks once the bar has closed, the customer always pays. So even if I am out, I'm not spending.

Buy A New "Rainy Day" Tin - and throw away the butcher's knife.

Clean My Room - Ack. In the meantime, I just keep the door closed.

Exercise Daily - would you believe me if I told you I'm already doing this? I am! And I love it!

Write More - had some great ideas on my holiday which I've at least typed out. It isn't like I don't have the time. I do. It is just as I stated in my first list, I have to get over that fear of failing and just start.

Go Outside More - I often sit in my living room with the aircon blasting looking out onto the balcony and contemplate lying in the sun. That usually motivates me to get on my bike and...ride to Media Cafe for a 40 minute tan on the sunbed. I love tanning with the luxury of aircon, what can I say??

Get Out of Osaka More - so we all say.

I think with these more "short-term" goals, I might actually have a chance of putting some more ticks down. Such a nice day out today. Pity I've already turned the aircon on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home