a The Transit Lounge: DIO#12 - Pure and Simple Everytime

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, October 10

DIO#12 - Pure and Simple Everytime

Keep things real, keep things good. Go for the top and stay pure.
Target: I think I was targeted here.
Issue: Men in hospitality are known for either 2 things - being gay or being smooth operators. And sometimes both. But then again this kind of attention doesn't come my way everyday.
Fact: Groove Harvest on Sunday a week ago was a mass of lovely lads running around all day, mostly topless in the sun and then all wet from the rain.
Fact: Doing the Bike Club Street Talk is a great way to meet men and get numbers. Also a great excuse to make a bee line for the good looking ones.
Fact: I was so sure that Cliffy had told one guy in particular to be nice. In fact I said on a number of occasions "You sure my flatmate hasn't paid you to give me all this attention?" And then I found out who he was, I decided to go with it.
Fact: When participant from DIO#6 started in on the act too, I got so flustered I had to drag Cliff aside and say "What the hell is going on? I don't know what to do, I can't take them seriously...are they for real?"
Fact: I decided to stay pure.
Fact: Pashing and asthma - so much fun when you have to ask someone to take you to a doctor
Fiction: I didn't know who he was. Honestly!
Words of Wisdom: Cliff: "Go back over there and lap it up! And have some more tequila too."
Liz to a group of curious girls: "You think I would pay to get this drunk? If you want to learn how to never pay for a drink, watch and listen."
Possibility of a Date: Does a tour of the VIP room count? Does a trip to the doctor for asthma medication count? Since this is the most attention I have gotten of this variety in a while, I'm saying done and done (and clutching tightly at those straws).
Plan of Attack: I could take one of 2 paths here. The first being the total bar groupie, hanging out at the bar getting drunk until closing every night, reeking of desperation while telling myself it really is worth it. Or delete all phone numbers, email addresses and messages to and from making communication from my end impossible. This seems the wiser route.
Mental Note: I wonder where I can meet a man who doesn't have hot employees, friends, co-workers, relatives, associates? That way I would never have the moral dilemma of to flirt or not to flirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home