a The Transit Lounge: Missing Home

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, October 10

Missing Home

Feeling a little bit homesick of late - can't wait to go back in November. A few months back my dad put every single CD, LP, tape etc onto MP3 for me and sent them all over. I have thousands and thousands of songs on 10 MP3s and for times like this it is great, cause I can put on certain songs and think of being back in my parents house, feeling all loved and secure. Right now I am listening to the Everly Brothers, and it reminds me of being really little sitting in the living room in front of the fire place on a really cold night. For some reason is particularly reminds me of my mum when she had long hair and of my dad making me a nice, warm bed on the couch - perfect for today considering it was actually really cold, so I needed something to make me feel snug. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home