a The Transit Lounge: Quotes of My Time

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, October 14

Quotes of My Time

A couple of years back, my beloved friend Paigey and I decided we would become "Quoets", as opposed to poets, and we would think of some fantastically orginal quotes that people would....well....quote us on as a result of the fame and notoriety we would gain through quoeting.
Found the quote book she and Stella gave me before I left Japan and was reading some of our best original work. Thought it was time they got an airing.
"Love makes you weird" - I loved this one so much I even put it on a jacket of mine. It is just so damn true. Ask me about some of my (not so) finer moments in life, and I guarantee you the motivation behind them will come down to love or lust.
"Love creates cringe moments." And trust me, I am cringing this morning. Wincing too. Ahh sometimes I wish I didn't have such a good memory. Why can't I lose it like everybody else I know who drinks?
"Don't let reality get in the way of superstardom." The very quote I live my life by.
"I lost 2000 brain cells in 1 hour. Ask me how." Go on, I dare you.
"The illogical is somehow logical." At least it was when you drank as much absinthe as we did.
I hope these quotes provide you with some sort of insight into something or other. I am going back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home