a The Transit Lounge: Itai Yo (It hurts)

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, November 24

Itai Yo (It hurts)

I know my body physically does not cope well with stress. No matter how much I try to push it out of my mind, just when I think I am over it, or have been successful at ignoring it, my body erupts/breaks down/goes abnormal in some way to remind me I haven't. Which is why I have now got shingles - ie my immune system is so weak at the moment, that after being in my system for 20 years and not doing anything since it first got me, the chicken pox virus can re-attack me, but in a different, more painful form that involves the nerve endings in my skin. I imagine what I am feeling now is what I would be feeling if I had about 100 needles being pushed right through my back and out of stomach. And into my left arm and twisting up so that they come out of my neck. The only consolation I am taking from this is that it isn:t on my face or anywhere that clothes can't cover. And also that my appetite seems to be decreasing. I wish i could take good advantage of that and do some cardio!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home