a The Transit Lounge: Message To My Boy

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, November 18

Message To My Boy

Thank something for my mates.

As you may have read, I had a real killer of a day. I haven't really gotten into it on the blog, but that will come. Not only do I have my fantabulous flatties Cliff n Troy to thank, but also Akira who has stayed the night with me, handling the wide range of emotions I have randomly unleashed on him.
I think the highlight of the night was dancing to Madonna's new single Hung Up, and talking about how much Guy Ritchie loves us. I think the low light was the fact that this is the second night in a row I have polished off a bottle of tequila via shots - and it wasn't even Jose Cuervo. It was the un-aged crap - "Olmeca" - it's white for crissakes!
Anyway kudos to Akira for patting my hair, letting me listen to the Everly Brothers and more Linda Ronstadt than was healthy and wiping away my tears (and my snotty nose) and for also giving me the most interesting of tarot card readings that apparently predicted such awesome things for 2006 that he couldn't tell me. I finally got it out of him and it goes along the lines of that I end up in a another country somewhere with some rich dude who wants to be with me permanently but I can't decide whether I want to return to Oz or Japan....and that's all the "52 Most Wanted Iraqi" cards revealed.
And now he is taking the day off work tomorrow to spend it with me - and try and get me to sleep. This tequila is rancidly keeping me awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home