a The Transit Lounge: T-Money and Motown

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, November 17

T-Money and Motown

This post is a lil' tribute to my boys - Cliffy and Troy (you know who you are).

I had a really bad day today, something I couldn't quite explain to myself - let alone them. I felt so bad and so down and so awful. They knew what was at the heart of it but this morning I honestly couldn't face anyone and Troy was just perfect. I swear that guy hugs me and my problems instantly dissolve - and without me having to go into any depth (I literally couldn't) he knew just how upset I was, and he understood I would talk when I was ready and able.
Then there is Cliffy. Cliffy walks through the door tonight with a cute bunch of flowers for me, to say sorry for my bad day. Do you know how long it has been since anyone has given me flowers?? I almost cried!! I was completely taken by surprise. Cliffy and Troy - it goes without saying - are my best mates, my family, here in Japan. Though sometimes I think maybe they won't understand just how much something has bothered me or gotten to me - but I underestimate them everytime.
They knew just how much this deal meant to me, they have been with me all along, and at times when I think they haven't noticed, I am so wrong. They are watching out for me every step of the way. I love them so much, and I don't know what I would do without them.
My bitches rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home