a The Transit Lounge: DIO 15 - Happy New Year - Part II

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Saturday, January 7

DIO 15 - Happy New Year - Part II

For those of you who were quick enough to log on and read DIO 14 Part I, you will notice it is now gone! That's because I decided there was no point in dedicating precious free and unlimited Internet space to that Japan-bagging, pessimistic lad - may he find the peace and happiness that he can't find amongst the "trashy pop culture" of Japan he despises so much in a far, far away place, preferably in another country. It certainly was an important reminder for me to leave my beer goggles at home and that unless I am at an 80's themed party, then no guy - or girl for that matter - wearing parachute material can possibly be deemed cool on any level. Ever.

Back to the DIO at hand

New Year's Eve is the perfect excuse for shameless flirting and number exchanging. Even better still, if that other person happens to be a bit of awww-right!
Target:After the fog cleared, I only had eyes for him. And underneath those orange-tinted sunnies, I am pretty sure he was looking in my direction too.
Issue: NYE is notoriously known as a night when even the sharper minds amongst us can mistake full-on wankers for 'really nice' or 'decent' guys. How could I be sure I my WAD-dar (wankers and dickheads radar) was operating at 100%?
Let's look at all the facts as I remember them shall we?
* He was cute
* He has a ping-pong table.
Fiction: Nothing comes to mind.
Words of Wisdom: Well my whole passing wind story I guess, about how I recently spent an afternoon using my infamous gaseous emissions to get somebody out of the house, really kept everyone in that sun room at Oasis entertained. If that didn't put him off, he must be pretty special.
Quote of the Night Erik: This could be the marriage of the Osaka and Kobe cool.
Possibility of a Date: Since neither of us technically date and hate that whole concept, I guess zero per cent. But we have been hanging out a lot this week, and I've had a totally fun time. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have lived in this city for over 2 years and this is only my first time out to Kobe...finally a reason for me to go.
Plan of Attack: Being myself seems to be working for me FOR ONCE instead of against me. About time too I say.
Mental Note: I knew I wasn't too cool for school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home