a The Transit Lounge: Hung Up

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, January 6

Hung Up

Wow time flies when you are having fun. Still no Internet connection at home and there probably won't be until I sort out living arrangements, as Troy Cliff and I have decided to call it quits at 803 and embark on a life of adventures somewhere else in the city. Oh and when I finally get some extra money I will consider paying the yahoo bill. So at the momenbt taking full advantage of the free Internet offered at the Apple store on the macs. Trouble is I hate using Macs but I guess beggars can't be choosy.

New Year celebrations were fantastic. I will put up a part II to the DIO episode listed below in the next few days, but let's just say that not all people out on New Years Eve are 'people-you-thought-were-cool-and-may-wanna-hang-with-in-the-future' in disguise - there were some people out there I hadn't met who genuninely were worthy of my time in getting to know. But let's just say if DIO # 14 hadn't turned out to be such a dickhead (with comments like 'You're one of THOSE people'....wtf?) I wouldn't have bothered to get in touch with Part II, and this has turned out to be saaaaa-weeeeeeet! Even Troy gave his nod, although Cliffy hasn't met him yet but Cliffy and I just had a coffee before so I was able to fill him in.

Unfortunately, my grandma passed away in Melbourne yesterday so that was a tad weird, cause I just suddenly realised one day everyone around me is gunna die and it is just going to be me twiddling my thumbs on my own, waiting for Mr. Reaper to call my name in the end.....according to the Death Clock anyway (remember? I am going to live until I am an unslightly 92 or something, while everyone around me drops like flies....). Anyway Grandma, I sang an book full of songs at karaoke with Giangi last night all dedicated to you (anything from Doris Day to Gerry and the Pacemakers to Mario Lanza....) and I sang them fully thinking of you and your unique obsession for all things David Hasselhoff and Knight Rider.

So I wll have some more time on the 'Net tomorrow to finish some posts off and get back in the land of communication again.

I might be seeing Part II tonight if all goes to plan. If all goes to plan - we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home