a The Transit Lounge: Sunday Night and Bad TV

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Sunday, January 22

Sunday Night and Bad TV

I know I have been really lame with the posting of late so I will do an update, as per this example.
Writing
  • Finished an article for Kansai Scene on Shingo Nishinari, the next big free-styling rap artist to be big on the Japanese Hip Hop Scene. This will be published in February.
  • May be interviewing Royskopp, a Norwegian electronic group, who will be coming to Osaka next month.
  • Writing interview questions for Satoshi Tomiie, for inthemix, a New York-based Japanese House DJ.
  • Thinking about how to get busier on the writing front.

Work

  • Hostessing (and being a bit bored by it - well just over the drinking really).
  • Private Students.
  • Teaching English to the design staff of one of my customers, an industrial designer.

Social Life

  • After my time in Japan between my trips to Thailand in August and Australia last month, I have had made a huge effort to cut back on the social side of things...kind of. This month has been busy but not frantic. Last week was Ko Kimura at Underlounge, the week before that had been a 5 hour karaoke session on the Sunday night as an impromptu birthday outing for Cliff, followed by the official birthday bash for Cliff, Troy and Hiro at Absinthe the next night. Last night was Cliff and Nao's first House of Funk at Triangle (their new monthly party), nest week is Shingo Nishinari on Friday night and London Calling, again at Triangle, on Saturday night.
  • Been hanging out in Sanomiya and have been taken to a few of the local bars out here - I found the Sanomiya version of Freeza....same kind of people, same familiarity, although different people.
  • Making an effort to not make Saturday nights so big. It's actually quite refreshing waking up on Sunday.

Love Life

  • Things took a surprising turn for the better on January 1. After telling Troy I was under no circumstances going out on NYE, I did (hit many many places, drank way too much, kicked an MC in the head and then took over the mic for the countdown), I met an interesting lad from NZ on the sunroom couches of Oasis about 7 or 8 am that morning.
  • 2 days later we caught up in Sanomiya.
  • 3 days after that we caught up again.
  • 4 days later he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend outside of the b-day bash at Absinthe.
  • 2 minutes later I ran into Absinthe screaming "I have a boyfriend" and proceeded to do a shot of tequila.
  • 10 minutes after that, I wondered if it hadn't been the booze doing his talking.....
  • ....which takes me to now - a whole 3 weeks after we met - and I have since conceded that no, I think he actually does like me. And I like him and it is pretty cool.

Finance

  • Hmmm.....I hope he's rich. I. AM. FINANCIALLY. RETARDED.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gitte said...

Only financially retarded?? LOL

3:50 pm

 
Anonymous Stella said...

Riz, I'd potentially like to see some pics of this love match?? I think its only Fair??

12:42 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I don't want to embarrass him. His photographic facial skills aren't quite as good as mine....yet.

Also I don't want to jinx it.

4:51 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

PS Stella - are you MY Stella???? is this the Stella that made up Stiz - man i miss u honey.

1:45 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home