a The Transit Lounge: Sun Beam

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, February 7

Sun Beam

Although today is completely dreary and crapola outside, it couldn't be any sunnier for me on the inside.

I have been going about my activities today playing Sun Beam's old trance anthem 'Outside World' blaring out of my sony headphones - a track I first heard in Berlin @ Tresor (one of the best clubs I reckon I have ever been to), a tune that always enhances my mood.

One thing that never ceases me about Japan is how a hopeless situation can literally turn around over night....and this is nothing to do with Rachel Hunter and Pantene.

So last week I was fully ready to throw the towel in. On Friday night I came to a decision to leave Japan in March. I told everyone around me at the time (over a tquyila shot in Zerro), rang my sister and said 'God help me, I am coming home.' To be honest, I was fully relieved with my decision. I said to Brett Saturday morning with my interview looming ' If I don't get this, I am out of here.'

Needless to say the interview went well - they emailed me Sunday to say I have the job. Not only that, but they don't need me to start until May 1 which fits in extremely well with my travel/visa plans. 25 hours or so a week, leaving me enough time to write and do my other jobs.

On top of that, after 2.5 years on/off, I have finally decided to change hostess clubs, have a meeting set up tonight at a new club that offers a whole lot more than what I am currently getting PLUS I do not have to drink alcohol, nor do I have to work every night. So my plan is to work my ass off there until the end of March, go back to Oz for a week and then onto Thailand or the Philippines for 2 weeks.

As good old Sunbeam puts it, we are only meant to exist in the outside world....and I am ready to go back to it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gitte said...

Bugger, I had already planned a month's worth of drinking and 'other' activities for us to do when you camae back. That and a babysitting / cleaning roster for you too. Damn damn...

8:03 pm

 
Anonymous mrm said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - Lizzie's yo-yo effect.

9:40 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

my yo-yo effect - well maybe i should write a post about it one day because those close to me - ie my other - know its full effect and exactly what it does to me and those around me.

i love yo-yos. in fact i have two of them here. dad bought me one.

1:42 am

 
Blogger Tamara said...

So you are not coming home any time soon I take it....Perhaps I'll have to come visit you.

7:06 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home