Just Another Night
Here in Osaka it doesn't matter what night of the week it is. You can be guaranteed to find one, some or, as it usually pans out by midnight or 1am, all of the Usual Suspects getting their freak on - or just knocking back a few friendly tequilas - in some part of the Minami maze.
- Slices is in fact a pizza shop and not a bar. Hence they serve beer...
- Clifford and I both - unknowingly and at different times - proceeded to ask the owners if they could add vodka or gin to any of the "bubble" teas they had on offer, and when told no as the only served beer, then asking them if they could possibly stock these varieties of booze in the future.
- Cliff and Erik are Mortal Kombat otakus (geeks)...the ensuing argument that followed their simple discussion spawned such pearlers like "I used to give challengers 1st round," "I was that Asian kid that everyone lined up to challenge," & the winning quote of the night, "I made my grandmother watch me perform all of the fatalities"
- Erik and Triplebypass having a heated conversation over who does the best burgers in town. I think Ttriplebypass won that hands down when he shot down Erik's "Look at me, how small I am, I should know" with a simple pat of the stomach and a "Look at me." (Think David and Goliath in terms of sizing here)
- Ivan does indeed look like Stevie B - see photo at right - and said he will not recreate that pose if no money is changing hands.
- Cliffy thought I looked like Kylie - the boots tucked into the jeans? the blonde hair? the weight i have lost? the copious amounts of beer he had drunk? - I was drunk enough to believe him and it made me stay. Then upon questioning Erik as to whether or not he saw me wave at him when I walked past him at Zerro earlier on in the evening with DIO 17, he didn't miss a beat with "Oh was that you? I thought it was Kylie!"
After which point we finally made it to karaoke - Naosky, Batman, RobRoy, Candid Cal and myself - with RobRoy rarking it up and performing Rock The Casbah like you have never seen within 30 seconds of us all entering the booth. The karaoke debauchery continued and Batman and I managed to escape reasonably intact albeit to be stopped 2 blocks down the road by a drunken Cliffy . We managed to push through him until a further 5 metres down the road the MexIvan rounds the corner and rounds us up pushing us back in the booth (as Batman later put it "My reputation was at stake. It was either go home and look like a pussy or stay out."). At this stage I get a phone call from Cliffy which I swear is in stereo - and that's because I turn my head and he is standing right behind me. It was all worth it in the end when Cliffy and TBP mic'd it out to Rapper's Delight (Cliffy is great at free-styling) and with a swift crawl under the table, Batman and I maneouvered our way outta there.