a The Transit Lounge: All things Dub

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, March 21

All things Dub

My Fat Freddy's Drop interview was published on ITM. I love these guys, so if you are in Melbourne I recommend you check 'em out next month, they really rock my world at the moment.
Thanks to Troy and Ivan, who upon forcing me to listen to new things have expanded my world of music, I have really gotten into dub music at the moment, especcially stuff coming out of NZ like The Black Seeds, Salmonella Dub, Trinity Roots and Che Fu. This music is stuff chilled out, easy listening/easy grooving stuff, that you can kick back to at any time of the day, but still get some energy from. I am realising that whatever people's musical preferences are, they still have room and appreciation for dub (and particularly FFD).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

YESS!!
Chill!

Very good stuff indeed.. (DUB I mean)
I don't know any NZ dub unfortunatly.. any link I could use to check it out?

Cheers!

6:15 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

No link as such.....just do a google search on some of the names i mentioned in the post.

2:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home