a The Transit Lounge: DIO17 - Pure Coincidence

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, March 29

DIO17 - Pure Coincidence

The best nights are those when you know you are looking great, and a past DIO just happens to walk into the bar when you are smack bang in the middle of the dancefloor. Even better when that is totally unplanned - the fact that the two of you are in the same place for the first time in 6 months really is coincidental!
Target: Moi! I didn't even know he was around until I got a tap in the shoulder just as I was about to slide down onto the floor and show off a Capeoria move.
Venue: Zerro
Issue: I am usually against all forms of PDA (Public Displays of Affection) as is he. So I was really surprised when he kissed me after we knocked back tequila shots with Cliff and Troy. I guess the reason I hate PDAs is because what if somebody else I like is around that I am not aware of and sees me getting cosy with another guy therefore ruining any chance I may have with them? I have a feeling this DIO thinks this way too. Afterall he owns a billion nightclubs around Japan, and I am positive he has a girlfriend tucked away in Tokyo - and he is positive he doesn't.
Fact: I had one of those days wear wardrobe, hair, make-up and body fat looking minimised came together, and worked as a team. I looked good. For the first time in a long time, I looked uber.
Fact: So many people commented on what how I looked - girls and guys. I don't know if it was the hat or the boots or the shorts I was wearing, I couldn't believe it. I even got an email sent from the Japanese boy I used to hang out with, who is not so much Instant Idiot now, as just nice guy (we see each other out all the time now and he has settled into his drinking), that read: "Was cool your fashion on weekend. Domo domo."
Fact: When I was at Triangle for London Calling, I got on stage to dance - which is not unusual - and people started chanting my name. No kidding. I got cheers.
Fact: Even better when you look so good and you bump into all of DIO15's mates - and you know they are going to tell him you looked fiiiiiiine.
Fact: A friend of a friend who I don't know so well couldn't believe it was me - does that mean I usually look crap?
Fact: Back to the DIO at hand. I knew it was all jive talk, but the sweet nothings he was whispering were making me weak at the knees despite my best intentions not to listen to a word that came out of his mouth. I can't help it, flattery and bull shite really are the keys to my heart.
Words of Wisdom: Liz: "You are on the right side of 6 foot." I like tall men. And a whole lot of mumbo jumbo that he said purely to flatter my ego - I think at one stage I told him to keep talking. He knows how shallow I am.
Possibility of a Date: Dinner tonight. What am I going to wear?
Plan of Attack: Nothing. He is Tokyo-based.
Mental Note: Must think of another hot outfit to wear for my next club venture. I can't wear the ensemble of this post at least until Summer has come and gone - it was too distinctive, too memorable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

where's the photo?

5:44 pm

 
Blogger Tamara said...

You are awsome Miss Riz, can't wait to hit the town with you. The boys of Cairns better watch out!

6:41 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

yes, i hope so. i might capoeira their asses off when i get drunk and get that false confidence and think i can do it when really i cant, so i will totally hurt myself or somebody else in the process.

3:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home