a The Transit Lounge: Oh Morty!

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, March 28

Oh Morty!

Hmm...It seems Gwynnie and her rockstar hubby Coldplay frontman Chris Martin are at it again.
Child number 2, a boy, has been named Mortimer.
I used to collect these lego type things when I was growing up, called Fabuland. Does anybody remember that? I think they stopped making it in the mid 80s. Anyway, Mortimer, as shown to the left of your screen, was a mouse and I think his story was that he worked on a boat. If I remember correctly, he even came with fishing gear. Anyway, I never liked Mortimer much. Compared to the other characters' lives he was kinda boring and I always made sure he fell overboard. With that kind of name, he sounds like he has one foot in the grave already.
What kind of a start in life is that for a newborn?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gitte said...

I have your Fabuland at Rye. I think Morty has different clothes on though. I don't like the goat. prefer the Hippo and Elephant.

9:11 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I think the Hippo is Hannah and the elephant is Edward. I liked the bulldog police chief.

There is a different mouse with a yellow top and red legs - maximillian. He had a fast car and had it going on.

11:48 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home