I have decided for the time my hand is in this splint, which is getting changed to a cast later this week because of something to do with the swelling, I am not going to partake in any drinking or chemicals apart from prescribed painkillers. So therefore I must remind myself on a daily basis why I am refraining from any decent socialising for the next few weeks.
1. I will not think I can break dance which may cause me to break my hand in the process, when doing a slide into back spin on the floor.
2. I will avoid getting hideous bruises on my knees from doing constant Patrick Swayze inspired floor slides.
3. I will save money.
4. I may lose weight in the process.
5. I will avoid hangovers - I cannot function on hangovers at all. Those are days when i consider jumping off the balcony a good idea. No sleep I can do, hangovers I can't.
6. I will not have to take sickies.
7. I will eat healthily, not needing Mackers to cure any overjuiced ills.
8. I will not make mistakes involving men we refer to as chumps.
9. I will stop wearing my beer goggles instead of sunglasses.
10. I will have the satisfaction of feeling good on a Sunday (or any day of the week for that matter) knowing my friends are feeling as though they have woken up face down in a gutter (with that being an actual reality for some of them), and will take great pleasure in giving them shit for it too.
So far so good - on day 2 and no withdrawal symptoms yet, though Saturday night will be a different story.