a The Transit Lounge: Q&A Writing Time

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, April 6

Q&A Writing Time

I found out some great news last night. Terumi told me we are able to interview John Digweed, one of my all time favourite DJs when he plays in Osaka on April 29. A friend of mine Ange will be opening for him, which is pretty exciting in itself. The last time I saw him play was at the very loast Warehouse Docklands Party for 01/02 NYE Party. I can't remember howm, but my friend Sarez had managed to get us backstage passes, and me sick of just dancing in the crowd decided to see how far backstage could get me. 5 minutes later I was next to John Digweed spinning away with a throng of thousands before me. 5 minutes after that, the manager had kicked me out off stage to back stage...Still it was worth it!
I am also writing an interview with Terumi for X-Dream, one of the original German trance groups of the whole psy-trance movement, something I used to really be into when I was around 19 or 20 years old. I remember some of the dodgy clubs my ex boyfriend, Sam, and I used to trudge through the underbelly of Melbourne to get to, one in particular called Virus...which was as manky as it sounds but the DJs always put out with such great music. Then the lengths we went to in Berlin and Amsterdam to go to some squat parties - one in particular with the ELF group of squatters. The homeless people really know how to put on a good show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home