a The Transit Lounge: Cocktails, Cads and Coppers in Cairns

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, May 29

Cocktails, Cads and Coppers in Cairns

So Saturday night went a little something like this:

Glasses Consumed At Home (that I remember):
Cosmopolitans - 6
Champagnes - 2
Cocksucking Cowboy - 1

We arrived at a bar called The Chapel around 7.30.
Nuts n Berries - 2
Gin Redbulls - 3
Gin Tonics - 3

Then we went to a club called Gilligans around 11.
Tequila shots - 2
Gin Tonics - too many to remember

How I cracked my cast and the way in which Tam broke her nose will come a little later, but that was after we arrived home with a Texan and a 22 year old, and I had given my statement to the police on an assualt we witnessed involving our taxi driver and some chick he purposely tried to run over. All shits n giggles. I love Cairns.

5 Comments:

Anonymous cambosis said...

sheez... i hope youre still alive by the time you make it south...

and im saying it now for anyone willing to listen; I shant be held responsible for any medical expenses incurred

8:24 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

That's a fair call Cam. And while I am at it, I too won't be responsible for any medical expenses incurred...

9:02 am

 
Anonymous mrm said...

and neither will we be bothered rendering any more assistance!

6:32 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Weeeellll, I had my last (and only) exam for the semester today, so lets celebrate and see if we can't do some more damage this weekend eh, Liz? I still have some bones to break.

8:36 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I just dont recommend tendon or ligament damage, so restrict it to broken bones only and she'll be right in 4 weeks.

8:22 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home