a The Transit Lounge: Another Helping of Four

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, June 5

Another Helping of Four

Four jobs I have had in my life apart from my current role:
1. PA to quite a famous Aussie female entertainer.
2. PA to an Aussie man who thought he was more famous than he actually was.
3. DA to a Director who was quite crazy and had the hair to match.
4. PA to a lovely lawyer who was a partner in the firm I worked in, a role I was promoted to after a crazy biatch at the law firm I worked in tried to sabotage me, which only backfired. It all boils down to her boyfriend, who also worked as a lawyer at the firm, commenting one day on me being beautiful. She, being 5 years older than me and my boss at the time, decided if she couldn't beat me in a beauty contest, then she would abuse her position of authority. Jealous women in a position of power are very dangerous. Silly tart.
Five nicknames I've been given:
Besides the obvious...
1. Hattie - Mad As A Hatter, given to me by Bridgie 'Farrah Flicks'.
2. G -A nickname a few people have co-incidentally bestowed upon me.
3. Sabeth - Chenoa also labelled Ben 'Jamin', the logic is clear me thinks.
4. The Divorcer - Cliffy thought of this one on his own after Troy pointed out a pattern I hadn't caught on to.

Four movies I have watched over and over:
1. You Can't Stop The Music - It doesn't get any better than Steve Guthenberg rollerskating around NYC pre Mahoney, exuding uber-gheyness.
2. Breakfast At Tiffany's - will someone ever stand in the rain for me?
3. Young Frankenstein - the first movie I remember watching. And it scared the bee-jeezers out of me, I didn't quite grasp its comical value until a good decade later.
4. Dodgeball - Ben Stiller in character. Need I say more?

Four places I have lived:
1. Townsville, Australia - uni days
2. Osaka, Japan - halcyon days
3. Nuremberg, Germany - early days
4. Melbourne, Australia - everyday
Four things I love to do on my weekends:
1. Watching Cliff DJ
2. Shooting things on the balcony with Brett and Naoko
3. Sitting in Troy's room while he jams on his guitar
4. Lazing in the sun room at Oasis.

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Arrested Development
2. The Office
3. We Could Be Heroes
4. Kath & Kim

Four countries I have been to on vacation:
1. Norway - had the biggest hissey fit of my life there and almost left my boyfriend behind in the grounds of the palace, while I went to board the ship back to Copenhagen.
2. Sweden - sunrise at 9am, dark again by 3pm. Drunk by 4pm.
3. Denmark - got threatened and chased by a man from Christianhavn part of town on the day the Queen Mum died. This was well before 'Our Mary' was on the scene.
4. The Netherlands - half a bag of mushrooms, an asthma attack and a huge freak out that was a definitely a blaze of colour, although not glory, landed me in hospital over night.

Four "things" I could NOT live without:
1. My sense of humour - I once said I deserve my own sitcom.
2. Ventolin - gasping for air, wondering if it will be your last ain't all that.
3. Internet - my fingers get itchy when I'm cut off.
4. Music - the last 3 months it has all been about dub. Oh and the 80s.

Four of my favourite foods:
1. Okonomiyaki - describing it as Japanese pizza couldn't be further from the truth.
2. Edamame - salted green beans, great with beer.
3. The Fizzy Lizzy Splice of Life - got so much alcohol in it, it is like a small meal.
4. Veggie Mash - potatoes, carrots, broccoli and brussel sprouts. You can't go wrong.

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In Cairns with Tam, going out for a drink.
2. 1984 - was a good year for me.
3. On tour with Robbie Williams
4. In Troy's head. I'd like to know what he's thinking.
Thanks Tam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home