a The Transit Lounge: The Famous Five

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, June 28

The Famous Five

I was tagged by Tam, and here goes.

So 5 facts you didn't know about me.

1. I have a thing for big earrings. The bigger the better, especially when it comes to hoops. The hoops that are my constant companion of late are so big I can fit my fist through them.
2. I love hats and scarves. I wear one or the other almost everyday - with big earrings. My favourite cap is one Cambosis bought for me in Tokyo last year. It is a green army camouflage one, kind of square in shape. My favourite scarf is one my parents bought me in Paris. It is a mix of colours and really light.
3. I can't stand the colours purple and yellow together. It reminds me of ham and cheese sandwiches mum used to make me for lunch when I was little and I can't stand ham and cheese sandwiches.
4. I never used to be able to sleep on my back. Then when I read that it was bad for your skin to always sleep with your head on one side (premature marking!), I trained myself to do it. Now I have difficulty falling asleep any other way.
5. Chocolate has a bad affect on me. If I eat too much I get so sore in my muscles I can hardly move but that doesn't stop me eating it.

Any one else have some fresh facts they can offer me about themselves?

11 Comments:

Anonymous danski said...

People who cannot pronounce 'secREtary' drive me mental! "Oh yeah my secUtary will send that over" - it is secREtary -get it right! Arh!

2:38 pm

 
Anonymous mrm said...

You never said you didn't like ham and cheese sandwiches!

4:33 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Danski - what about cordial being pronounced as cordi-gall?? that used to drive me nuts. Where's the G in that, Cottees??

MRM - I believe I demonstrated my feelings about H&C sandos many a time, by leaving them in m lunchbox for weeks on end. I wasn't doing that because I actually liked them...

2:57 pm

 
Anonymous mrm said...

I think you're making it up.

1:38 am

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

pet hate:

"arks" instead of ask

8:31 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

YESSS - I agree with all of those! I hate 'your' for you're and there for their.
I also hate that after 32.5 years my Auntie still does not know the correct way to spell my name. It ens with an E not an A.

6:36 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

MRM - no not making it up, your memory is being selective.

Cambosis - I meant to arks you about that. So true.

Gitte - Or that my name has an S instead of a Z in it.

10:58 am

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

MMM... ham and cheese... so good...

12:21 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Someone asked me if your name was really spelt with an S instead of a Z, wondering if you were just trying to be cool and different! I think it was Brett. HAHAHAHA

6:07 pm

 
Blogger Dollop said...

Cafe here just started doing Ham, Cheese and fresh Asparagus croissants. So. Fucking. Good.

Personally though, I'd stick to Prosciutto. More salty goodness.

2:31 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Cambosis - the only time ham and cheese is acceptable is in a toastie.

Dollop - And that goes for asparagus, ham and cheese too!

10:13 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home