a The Transit Lounge: First Comes The Spark

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, June 1

First Comes The Spark

A whirlwind of thoughts that go something like this:

* going back to uni might not be such a bad option as long as it is on my terms and involves living in FNQ, drinking cosmpolitans and spending my weekends working on one of the boats that goes to the reef for dives and snorkelling. I will squeeze my study in around this. At some point.

* Too much Cay's Crays has wrapped my head and heart around the North and I have come to believe a long held theory of mine that this is where it's at - at least for me. Tam has heard me singing a billion times this week, 'skank be the rock in my life', and I ain't referring to no hoes and biatches. Have some respect.

* My grandma - may she be R'ing IP with a cuppa somewhere over the rainbow, once, and only once, gave me some advice: 'You are only as old as the person you feel." I was 10 years old at the time and didn't understand quite where Grandma was going with it, and felt a little bit sick and my ears violated. 17 years on, I finally get it. Today I was ready to skip class, stock up on the Passion Pop and head to Rowes Bay.

* I don't miss Japan. Not one iota. Sure, I miss my friends and the random, hilarious shite that happens several times a day as a result of us all being together, but as for living in Japan and the country itself, I haven't given it a second thought. There's a first time for everything. It could well be because so far my time in Oz has been primarily in Cairns, but I think it's a precursor to finally moving home.

* Didn't realise how much I missed being around blokey men. Men that are....MEN! Sure everyone in Japan is uber stylish and ultra cool, but where are the utes, the shirtless labourers, the steel capped boots, and naturally buff bodies that are that way as a result of love and appreciation for the outdoors rather than devoting hours to Tipness and friggin' Big Step, and most importantly, where OH WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN HEIGHT?? These qualities can all be combined with panache to be the ultimate of sexy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous cambosis said...

if you leave nihon - you damn well spend some decent time bring tequila-osaka to melbourne... only once youve passed the baton will you be released to follow your dreams!

9:49 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

i tried to bring it to Cairns but only got as far as 2....nobody else was really into it. That's why I'm putting the focus on the cardboard and the moves next weekend...

1:21 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

I hope none of your man-ly friends in Japan read that or they may take offence. Especially the ones wearing shemale.

1:42 pm

 
Blogger Dollop said...

Well duh.

12:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home