a The Transit Lounge: I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, June 19

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

So I watched the soccer on Saturday night too, although I wasn't really watching it so much as it being on as background noise while I intently watched Batman down a 2 litre can of Kirin beer I had bought for him at Lawsons (The World's Best Convenience Store as fas as I am concerned).

So during this, My Biggest Crush - that's right DJ "Style Icon" as mentioned previously - came over to catch up. I thought he wanted his jacket back.

I never realised he smoked before. That's all cool, not a problem. Until I saw the cigarettes he pulled out os his evisu jeans and for the last 2 days "he can't be a man cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" has been on repeat in my head. How can someone so cool be dangling an ultra light Virginia slim - make that a menthol too - out of his mouth??? I was devastated. He should be puffing away on Styvie's, and since Mr. Stuyvesent isn't in Japan, then bloody YSLs or someother designer brand. It really made me wince. It's one thing for Naosky, my chick n chic Japanese flatmate to be sucking them down, it's altogether something else for the man of my dreams to be promoting them. I think at that moment he kinda slipped of the pedastal.

But then the next day when I noticed the jacket was still in my wardrobe, I realised he had climbed right back on.

7 Comments:

Anonymous broken' 29 said...

All HAIL RAWSON desu! I second the motion... Lawson really is the best conbini...

virginia slim menthols eh... maybe its time you put him up for japanese queer eye? hang on thats a thought... japanese queer eye... who do we know that would be good at that?

8:43 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

i love the gadgets you can pick up at lawson's too - many a sunday when I have ended up with bubble guns, hello kitty fans, pokeman lighters etc at my house.

Japanese queer guy?? Fabulous!!

8:55 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

So, who just climbed back on top of where?

3:51 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

his flipping pedastal.

11:58 pm

 
Anonymous Ben said...

Sorry Liz, any bloke who smokes menthols deserves to be on queer eye.

10:48 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

ok ok ok - i get the point. But another good friend of mine, very good looking and very lovely and definitely not very gay also smokes menthols, albeit marlboro menthols....where does that leave him?

2:58 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Yeah but he is so macho and sexy and has good rhythm that he can get away with smoking menthols.

6:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home