a The Transit Lounge: On One Hand

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, June 5

On One Hand

Listening to Carly Simon's You're so Vain whilst in the shower this morning I was struck by a thought as I sang along to it. Ms. Simon croons about Warren Beatty's lovelife and their one time affair singing over and over "I bet you think this song is about you, don't you, don't you?" as though he is so vain he will hear this song and think it is about him, when it isn't and therefore he is all the more vain.
BUT...
it IS about him.
So indoor sports aside, he can't be at fault for thinking that can he?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Captain Obvious said...

The point is that of all the people that she has been out with, Warren would automatically think that the song is about him.

1:50 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

I thought it was about Mick Jagger. All that talk of being vain aside, Liz, I think I have crossed a line. I am far too beautiful and therefore mistakenly thought of as unapproachable. That is why no-one chats me up when I am out and I don't have a boyfriend. That dude from Germany doesn't count. I talked to him first. Then when I actually do talk to someone, they realise I am easy going, intelligent, financially and emotionally stable. Therefore something else must really be wrong with me. Is that, perhaps, your problem too? OHMIGOD. Epiphany. We are cursed.

2:30 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

captain obvious - thanks for the insight.

Gitte - vain-ess aside, im obviously more cursed than you are. That dude from Germany - all I can say is what were u thinking when u told him he had very european hair?

5:28 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

He did though. Which actually translates to 'you are thinning at the front and therefore comb it back to make you look debonair'. I just did not know how to say debonair in German.

8:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home