a The Transit Lounge: Short Stories

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, June 9

Short Stories

  • Got some food for thought that can hopefully transpire into dollars for thought somewhere along the track when I had dinner the other night with one of mum's friends who is a producer. I am now trying to figure out how to best work it, but I'm not sure how that involves the cameraman I was talking to the other night and why I invited him to stay with me in Japan. Mind you I say that was the 30 or so Collection Royales I had "sampled."
  • I came to the realisation that something may be, jusy MAY BE, amiss while taking my codeine-ridden pain killer last night. Uopn reading the directions "Take with liquid" I poured myself a champagne. The thing was, I really wanted a champunski - I just couldn't find the vodka.
  • The strange diet I have adopted since being in Melbourne cosisting of champagne, apples and the odd can of tuna combined with walking every day has done not much really. Well not much for me mentally, but I've shed some kilos. I think the secret is to get so hammered - take Wednesday night for example - that the next day you literally cannot move. I spent the entire day in bed yesterday and had no desire to eat at all. Today, I feel great and my jeans are fitting better!
  • Out of the mouths of babes: 2 pearlers from my 3 year old nephew Alex...Me: "I spy with my little eye something that begins with B"....Alex: "Box." Me: "No." Alex:"Oh fuck!" The second happened this morning. Alex"I've got an itch. Can you scratch it for me?" Me: "Yes sure, where is it?" Alex: "In my pants."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dollop said...

C'mon slacker, get with Melbournes foodiness.

2:38 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Melbourne foodiness Dollop....I was slack in that the main thing i was hankering for upon m y return was a lamb pack from the fish n chip shop on the corner of my parents' street, whichn i got and devoured. Although in Cairns, I ate some great Japanese food - I introduced Tam to takoyaki (fried ocotpus) and proper teriyaki chicken. Also had some sukiyaki in Melbourne that was most definitely not sukiyaki... my sister ordererd 'chicken ramen' - I was like 'wtf?? that's not strictly sushi!'...chicken ramen indeed. Most of the time I enjoyed my dad and my sister's home cooking, although we did go out to breakfast most mornings and there always seemed to be a champagne bottle open by lunchtime.

10:38 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home