a The Transit Lounge: The Life Of Meh

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, July 26

The Life Of Meh

Everything is rather meh at present.

I think I summed up how I am feeling about everything during the past Saturday night when trying to convey my sentiments to T-Money I whined "I'm bored" every 5 minutes. It didn't matter where we were, I still persisted with my battle cry.
But it was and I am - boring and bored that is. Nothing exciting is presenting itself at all, it is all very Thai in the sense of 'same same but different.' I am changing it to 'same same AND boring.' And the way I feel at the moment, nothing exciting is going to present itself to me anytime soon which makes everything and everyone all the more....BORING. I hate it when I feel like this because then everything appears to blend into one and in my opinion there will be nothing on the horizon to differentiate anything from anything anytime soon.
Of course, I know that this won't last forever. Sooner or later something will get my attention and my life will be on the very opposite end of boring until the next Meh comes around.
So I am doing what I usually do in Times of Meh to make the meh-ness not so blah. That is exercise, tanning and Japanese study. I guess I can take solace in the fact that my Japanese is still crap and I don't look like I have done any exercise, as this means the Meh-ness usually doens't last long enough to make a real impression on my lifestyle!
Things will go from Meh to Yeah soon enough. In the meantime I am sick of being booooooored. I don't even feel like writing and I have a number of articles to write.
How's everyone else doing?

11 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

I'm bored too and this is a sign that I'm ready to go home. What about you?

7:13 pm

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

ah the life of Meh! - closely followed by the life of Neh! wandering around, for no good reason, trying to figure out if its all worthwhile... invariably its not, but our silly little brains convince yourself otherwise!

9:34 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

MRM - yes time to leave. Not sure of next port of call although I do have a date with Robbie Williams on December 17, so I guess Melbourne.

Cambosis - Hopefully I will have left before I get to Neh. I will see you in December too. Meet me in Cairns.

10:23 am

 
Anonymous Ben said...

‘Boredom: the desire for desires.’ Leo Tolstoy

‘The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.’ Ellan Parr.


Get out there and get active, self motivate yourself to do something different, something out there, it tends to help me when im bored.

11:00 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Well I am trying yoga.

But I am too bored to do anything else. Trying to write new things too but....you guessed it, that's boring me too.

I am thinking I will dye my hair dark brown or black.

4:32 pm

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

When I get real bored, I like to drive down town and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.
--Steven Wright

2:26 pm

 
Anonymous danski said...

"Oh my god I am so freaking bored right now!"

I have just come off a three month bender (five days ago - Monday) and the world is such a god dam boring place without drugs, sex and rock n roll. I was so bored on by Tuesday that I decided to cut my hair off and move house. It's now Friday and I look like a boy and am homeless!

It's back to the pub tonight for me!

2:52 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Well Danski I now have black hair and a fringe. I am defintely out drinking tonight. I am still bored but I look good for it.

Cam, maybe I can try that with my bicycle, though probably not as satisfying.

3:12 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Get rid of those boxes of crap on your balcony, light some fireworks, try to shoot that yapping dog with Brett's gun, give thecks profethional a call, give Oma a call, ummmmm..yeah now I am bored.

9:00 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Got rid of the boxes 1 or 2 weekends ago, doing the fireworks tonight off Dan's balcony at Oasis (just pray Brett doesn't burn the joint down), Brett's gun has been banned from the building (otherwise that dog woulda been target practice a long time ago), thecks profethional - yeah no, Oma....yeah sometime this week I will. But not just now cuz I am too bored.

4:21 pm

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

I am soo bored of this conversation... new blog entry please! ;)

9:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home