a The Transit Lounge: Making Tracks

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, July 19

Making Tracks

* After a particularly hectic month that has included a visit from my sister, an Israeli girl crashing on my couch for the last 2 weeks (and showing no signs of an immediate departure), too many nights running hitting the hay at 4am or later, and no Internet connected at home, I am not happy to say that there are no signs of things being on the improve. Apart from Internet finally getting connected today. So why am I doing this at Popeye's?? (Yeah I am tanning again, one up for me at the moment).
* Old Skool Dinosaur on Friday night, although I think for organisers generally a failure, was nothing but good for me. Renewed old contacts with T-Rek from Melbourne, who was in town to DJ which involved sitting on the rooftop of B-Trip til mid-morning drinking cassis and helping him miss his train back to Tokyo. Got some possible work ops to follow up re: writing, fingers crossed for this, if it pans out would be good.
* So while Saturday whittled away painfully, me with my head under the doona and the aircon blasting on me all day falling in and out of slumber, Sunday was Suma Beach Party Day. Awoke feeling very fresh after spending the last 24 hours in bed. The fact that Batman had consumed 8 stubbies before MexIvan even picked us up just after lunch for the 60 minute journey tells you what kind of a day it turned out to be be. The fact that out driver purchased more alcohol for the 60 minute journey there than the other 8 of us in the car combined can also tell you a few things. Needless to say our van was last man standing - for a number of reasons including a wait for our driver to sober up and not being able to drag Uncle"King of the Kids" Brett off a giant, inflatable, plastic Smirnoff Bottle. All in all with a few stragglers who missed last train, 13 of us wedged ourselves in the van for the 90 minute drive-of-shame back to the big O.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ben said...

Sounds like your life has turned into one long uni O-Week. People crashing everywhere, late nights, road trips... Yep, its O-week all over again.

11:14 am

 
Anonymous mrm said...

I like to see photos on your posts because then I know you are still alive.

12:53 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home