a The Transit Lounge: Short Cuts

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, July 10

Short Cuts

The last week I:
* met DJ Krush. He was spinning at Triangle on Friday night and as I had interviewed him the week before for ITM, Sony invited me to the gig. His manager Gen was lovely and very helpful and Krush was very cool, calm and collected. He played a very refreshing set.
* burnt my leg on a motorbike. Some dickhead parked way too close to my bicycle and when trying to get it out, my leg pressed against something really hot on the bike. Some dude had obviously just gotten off it. Anyway I have a 3cm oblong-shaped scar on my left calf. So pissed off.
* renewed old friendships by getting tragically drunk with T-Money on Thursday and Saturday nights. So drunk, so traqgic, so much fun.
* wrote an article for K-Scene on how to spend 24 hours in Osaka. K-scene is the equivalent of Kansai Scene in Seoul, Korea. Only the mag got my name wrong and put me down as an Elisha not Elisabeth. At least they got the "s" in there.
* got told by a mate his girlfriend is curious (me: oh so she is naturally inquisitive?), and that she was attracted to me. I was flattered and that although she is hot, I am not that way inclined. There must have been something in the water that night as another gal pal kept squeezing my boobs on Saturday night. Once again flattered but man is my only option.
* drank way too much. I am definitely staying in this weekend, except for Friday night when T-Rek is playing in Osaka and Sunday for the Suma Beach Party. And Monday too - the national holiday will see an open-air party held in the grounds of Osaka Castle.

9 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

Hope you don't get another nasty infection! I've seen some shocking examples in this part of the world, quite the place for open wounds it seems.

12:44 am

 
Anonymous mrm said...

I meant in Germany and Austria.

12:44 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Gross.

10:27 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Nah it has healed apart from quite a gross scar on my leg that looks just like what it is - melted skin.

6:21 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Think I was in Osaka for the wrong weekend - this Sat / Sunday sounds much more interesting than what we did (no offence...)

7:23 pm

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

Ah T-Money

just when you thought you were out! Japan drags you right back in!

2:57 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Tell me about it, been tryna leave the last 2 1/2 years I reckon. Suddenly a home coming doesn't seem so imminent but I know I just gotta do it.

BTW Cambosis, when u coming back and also I can't seem to link your site right!

6:52 pm

 
Anonymous Vladounet said...

Hey, dude I like your blog! (your virtual voice if you prefer...)

Damn, I was at triangle too, that was crazy! I loved dj krush set, the sounds were soo perfect, but the beat slightly slow to my taste! However, roni size compensated and gave me the basses I needed! Let me know next time you go to such funky events, and make some crazy party toghether, ne?

7:23 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Thanks Vlad...u going to Suma BeachParty on Sunday?? There is also a party during the day at Osaka-jo on monday for the public holiday...if u thought krush and roni rocked u shouldda been to mad kafe later that night for Will Spin's sayonara.....he is dnb all the way and it really raised the roof....was much better than what i heard at triangle that night and i wasnt the only one who thought so.

3:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home