a The Transit Lounge: Swallow Me Hole

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Sunday, July 2

Swallow Me Hole

Thinking about how often I put my foot in my mouth. I think the worst was during a discussion I had 3 or 4 years ago with a work colleague that went a little something like this:

Work Colleague: So I went swimming with the sharks in the aquarium over the weekend to try and get over my fear of deep ocean water.

Me: Oh I understand, I have the same fear. Ever since I was little, whenever I went into the pool my dad would hum the theme song from JAWS and to this day, I still have real trouble in open water.

WC: Mine kinda stems from when I was 15 and was on a ocean boating trip with my family. The boat capsized, my parents were eaten by sharks, my brother drowned. I was the only one who made it...

Me: Well that's kind of extreme isn't it?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this on a constant basis. Care to share?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Ben said...

I remeber returning home one summer catching up with a few people from the cricket club. I was speaking to one of the younger guys and the conversation went something like this.

Me: So, how have you been? Still living at home and having your mum look after everything for you?

Friend: Yeah, im still at home.

As he walked away i was reminded by another person that his mum had passed away in a car accident only 6 months ago.

Opp's!

8:49 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Liz - I went to school with that chick.

Ben - ouch!!!!!!

6:30 pm

 
Anonymous danski said...

I just put my foot in it about 2 mins ago... a 20 year old girl from work is heading to europe for the first time - on her own and is very nervous. being the good work mate that i am i just sent her a newspaper article and said...

"lucky you are taking the bus around europe - have you seen that 41 people got killed in spain in a train accident?"

she responded with...

"thanks for sending me that - i just changed my booking last night and am now catching the train around europe!"

in the words of britney "oops i did it again!"

8:48 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Ben: I bet he was walking away right after you said that too!!

Gitte: yeah I remember that connection. But I wanna know when u put your foot in it! Saturday night comes to mind. The weekend gone comes to mind regarding a performer.

Danski: You could attempt to take it further with "Well at least you're not going to Spain" and see where that gets you.

Speaking of Britney, have you heard the song "Oops I'm pregnant again?" So funny, so crude.

10:48 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Yeah, but you thought she was ugly too. And that outfit - NO GOOD on a fat chick

6:03 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Gitte: Mind your manners!!At least I didn't voice my opinions.

10:11 am

 
Blogger Gitte said...

I couldn't help it. The two gay boys brought out the biatch in me. I just happened to be louder than them.....

3:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home