a The Transit Lounge: Dream Time

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, August 28

Dream Time

I have been having the craziest dreams recently. In fact, I am wondering if something in my diet has changed or what has changed in my life to make this happen. I know spicey foods cause some people to have nightmares. Batman keeps telling me it is exercise that is causing it.
I have been sleeping at least 10 hours a night and always wake up exhausted, with the feeling I have been running around all night. My dreams have been so full and busy that when I open my eyes in the morning it is as though I have been yanked directly from this stange, dream world straight into reality and expected to go. And all of the themes of my dreams have been dark. Not nightmares as such but the sort that you wake from with a sense of dread and foreboding that remains with me for the whole day. Sometimes I can remember my dreams as soom as I wake up, other times something during the day will trigger the memory of my dream to come flooding back, but I always wake feeling as if something isn't quite right.
I take my dreams seriously - I can usually garner meaning from their garbled messages as well as reason as to why I am dreaming about certain things. I can see how they reflect what is going on in my life. But this is just ridiculous and I hate feeling anxious.
A friend once told me how he dreamed he woke up in the middle of the night, and looked out his bedroom window to see someone breaking into his brothers car. Then he really did wake up, looked out his window and saw his dream scenario unfolding before him in reality. He made enough of a racket to wake the household and scare the guy off.
My grandmother also has premonitions in her dreams, usually about her family back in Germany. My dreams aren't premonitions but they are definitely trying to tell me something and I am missing it.
Has anybody else have crazy sleep time adventures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home