a The Transit Lounge: After The Storm

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Friday, September 22

After The Storm

The last couple of weeks have been madness, although if you were to ask me what I have been doing I can't really put my finger on what exactly has been keeping me busy. I think I am just tired.
Started hostessing 3 nights a week so I have at least $5 in the bank when I go back home in December, so this has been making me tres sleepy. And I am trying to exericise with the running and swimming thing so that I can look half decent in my Halloween costume. Batman is going as...Batman surprise surprise so I am going as Cat Woman.
It still doesn't feel like I am leaving Japan. I think it will hit me when I get back from the Philippines (I am going for a week leaving next weekend) because at the moment, that trip represents for me the corner that rounds into the home straight. I know when I get back on October 7, I will experience a plethora of emotions from that day until D-Day, which happens to be December 9. I started getting excited today having booked my ticket. I mean really excited. But then I get so excited I start feeling sad too at actually leaving! And it is those sad feelngs I don't want to be touching on just yet. I keep telling myself how much easier it would be to stay, but now is the time for me to jump. I know staying here any longer will certainly be holding me back (from what I hope to have figured out by D-Day) - I feel I am ready now to leave, I know any time before I wasn't.
Got a heap - well 3 - articles out of the way this week too so I feel a huge weight has been lifted off the shoulders, which feels so strange as I have had them hanging over my head for so long now and felt guilty whenever I wasn't working on them! So I have felt quite free this week. Still have another 2 to get onto but I will attack those this weekend. I also have some to start, ideas I had a while back that the KS editor liked so hopefully I can make a start next week.
Cambosis - been tryna comment on your site and cannot for some reason....
Benny - nice drunk Benny. Thanks for the phone call.
Tam - Dec 30 11.15...can you pick me up from the airport?
MRM - Akira will have champers and 2 glasses on his arrival.
Akira - don't forget the champers.
Gitte - I will make sure he has the same when we come to check out your new house.
Akira - see above hehe.
Ohhhh damn it. Gotta go to work now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

Akira, please don't forget the presents!

8:45 pm

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

hey - ill be counting the days - not sure whats happening with the comments - i can comment and other can too... are you sure the computer is switched on?

;)

6:49 pm

 
Anonymous Ben said...

only 76 days till you touch down, but who's counting. Trust me when i say that time will fly past and before you know it you'll back in Melbourne. I say that it's Japan's loss and Australia's gain. Can't wait to see you when you get back and looking forward to having a drink or two upon your return.

As for the drunken phone call, anytime babe. Hopefully next time it wont be 3 in the arvo... Dam those work "lunches"

10:21 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

MRM - I wont let him

Cambosis - got it sorted.

Ben - I will start counting as of Oct 8...

11:26 am

 
Anonymous tamara said...

30/12/06 - its a date!

7:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home