a The Transit Lounge: Finally Hitting Home

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, October 16

Finally Hitting Home

It is beginning to sink in I am leaving. After a wonderful day yesterday spent at Biwako (Lake Biwa, 2 hours north east of Osaka) with most of the usual suspects, I felt sad knowing that not only was that the last chance for us all to have a day in the sun out of Osaka before the winter weather sets in, it was also the last time I will do something like that with my mates here in Osaka.
The event was called Indian Summer and I think was organised by Wil of Mad Kafe - basically a bunch of DJs from Osaka, drinks and water sports - although I don't think any of the Indian Summer folk jet-skied (most of us got into the trampoline that was there though!). Just sitting on the grass, drinking san gria (kudos to Wil for such awesome san gria), listening to music and chatting. Or playing cards....someone bought the deck out and we found ourselves entrenced by Asshole for a couple of hours.
Anyway, I realised once again I am leaving something I know and love for the unknown. Everyone was asking me about what I am going to do back in Melbourne, and the truth is I have no idea. I really don't. After all this time I still can't figure it out. I'm not sure if I can always live life so blindly in such an oblivious manner. 7 weeks to go, but who is counting?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ben said...

Lizzy, you are one of the few people in the world that I know that always manages to land on their feet. You have always walked the road that we call life blindly and it has taken you so far. It’s only natural to be apprehensive about your move. However, everyone who truly knows you knows that you will find your way very quickly and most likely end up running this town.

Cherish the time you have left with your friends in Japan. Its only till you lose something that you realise how much it means to you. See you in 54 days!

2:25 pm

 
Anonymous tam said...

The unknown is always scary, but you are brave. Afterall you made your way to Japan didn't you? I know you will land safely, you always do. Can't wait to see you soon.

6:53 pm

 
Blogger Gitte said...

Don't worry Liz. Dad says he has at least the next 6 months planned out for you. ;-)

9:42 am

 
Anonymous cambosis said...

dont sweat it, gitte privately said she would interupt her own life for the next 4 years, she would sell the house, perhaps even one of her kids to support you!

:p

PS. Otanjyoubi omedetou!

9:41 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

i knew she would come through. if anyone can tell me what happened last nite i will love them forever. my party is tonight and i am mecha worried.

10:33 am

 
Anonymous mrm said...

So am I!

6:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home