a The Transit Lounge: This Filippina Philly

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, October 3

This Filippina Philly

I came to Manila on Sunday - and it has all been about food and golf so far. Oh and feeling a little sick since I brushed my teeth with the local water on Sunday night. How come no-one ever, ever reminds me about the water until after I have consumed it? So I am stuffed full of immodium which has reduced the emergency situation to a high alert. I am playing 18 holes of golf later this morning, so I think I will stock up on some more. I don't want to get THAT feeling playing the back 9. That could mean serious trouble. Yesterday I was at the driving range for a couple of hours, followed by a meal of traditional local food and cultural dances, and then a 2 hour foor and back massage - that is the way all meals should end. The hotel I am in is lovely, the Dusit Nikko, and tomorrow I am going to the island of Cebu for a night. They have a really good gym here too so I have been able to continue running and swimming. And buffet breakfasts. I love buffet breakfasts. You can judge a hotel solely on this aspect I feel. It is always about the breaky spread I reckon. Later Friendlies.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gitte said...

Your life sucks.

11:23 am

 
Anonymous Ben said...

I agree with Gitte

2:17 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fizzy just read your mail. Let me know about theduck embryo and how ya like it! Lenin's waitin for your call and I already mentioned that you're stayin at Dusit. Get drunk with him on Friday night! And donYt leave wihout tryin RED HORSE beer and SAN MIGUEL STRONG ICE =)

Miss May

6:02 pm

 
Blogger sheree said...

hmmm Manila - i've been snowed under with uni so have heard limited current affairs....

BUT i got an email today from our Manila contact saying they had a huge Typhoon and the whole business district has been down for a week yada yada yada - sounded really bad actually!???

is that right or did i imagine that email....

think i'm going crazy - i wish uni would end... i need my life/head back!!!

9:17 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Gitte - yes but someone has to live it.

Ben - see above.

Miss May - I spoke to Lenin last night, he sounds lovely and says you are a bundle of joy and I told him he described you perfectly. So I will meet him on Friday night, should be fun. Tell you what, I am LOVING the San Miguel. That is my favourite beer ever. I am scheduled to eat a 15-day old duck embryo out of its egg on Friday. i will save your suggestion for Friday night drinks with Lenin.

Sheree- you hear correctly. The golf course we played at yesterday was the only one open and even then it was still pretty messed up from the typhoon. There are a shitload of trees uprooted and branches everywhere (like HUGE HUGE trees you would need 4 or 5 people to complete a hug around it with that have fallen, uprooting large areas around it even roads and footpaths) and a lot of the city still doesnt have power. The hotel I am in is running on generators and driving at night is kind of creepy because it is just SO dark, and you can see candles in peoples homes and on the some streets trying to throw some light.

8:27 am

 
Blogger Divine Miss M said...

It's a tough life chick!!! LOL... Wish I was having the 2 hr massages! ENJOY...

9:55 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I think the massages made me sick. I was in the hotel clinic all day yesterday hooked up to a steroid drip. More about that later.

10:13 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home