a The Transit Lounge: Nibbly Bits

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, November 22

Nibbly Bits

In the week thus far I have:
  1. Completed 2 articles to be published next month in KS; one with Timo Maas, the other with Mick and Rusty, two local gaijin bartenders basically involved with running Minami;
  2. Written an interview for Diesel Clothing, which I am undertaking with Terumi on Friday night with the Japanese Events Co-ordinator;
  3. Organised a spontaneous trip to Tokyo with Miss May a.k.a April, which will happen as of Saturday afternoon and last approximately 48 hours, the sole purpose of which is to simply party in Tokyo something I've not yet had the chance to do up in old T-Town despite 3 previous visits (this means I have pulled out of round 2 of paintball, but when am I going to get back to Tokyo in a hurry?). The plan is to start drinking champers on the Shinkansen up and see where the night takes us. Everybody's favourite Mexican is graciously putting us up at his pad;
  4. Realised I need to hook up on myspace if I am ever going to stay on top of anything remotely to do with music and writing...or should I say actually utilise the myspace account I set up over a year ago (the primary function of which was so that I could abuse Cambosis);
  5. Ended a relationship with a French/Norwegian guy I met conducting interviews for my job before it even started...if there are two things I can't stand (any by that I mean I will write someone off completely for demonstrating such traits) is tardiness without an email or call to forewarn followed by a good explanation and soppy emails/calls/messages/speeches from men I barely know who think they know, and moreso think they know me and despite me telling them outright, think they can get me to change my mind into liking it. I.HATE.MUSHINESS. I see it as a sign of weakness, which indicates to me I can walk all over them and despite my resolution not to do so, probably will given the chance. I guess you could say I can't stomach feelings and in particular men who have them and tell me about them.
  6. Thought some more about packing. All I know is I have 2 weeks, I am semi-sorted, I just need to devote one more day to it and the whipper and she'll be apples. Although it won't be tomorrow's holiday. I am planning on doing nothing.

Ciao Peoples.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gitte said...

You mean our night out in Tokyo when me met those two trigger happy navy boys from 'Deliverance' Juwas not Tokyo enough for you? Just remember they do not serve alcohol atop the tower!

12:31 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

No that was a classic time, one that could not have been scripted (and probably should never be scripted). But this time, I want to get out of Roppongi!! In fact, Roppongi is not on the schedule. Did I tell you I think I had lunch with one of those navy boys the next day? I ran into him somewhere in Harajuku or something. Don't really remember but I am pretty sure I pretended to geton a train after lunch in a bid to get away from him.

11:58 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home