a The Transit Lounge: What A Feeling...

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, November 30

What A Feeling...

I'm not really talking any Flashdance/Irene Cara kinda thang either. It's a weird concoction of complete disbelief, amusement, happiness, sheer emptiness, relief, utter dismay, excitement and dread to name just a few of the emotions.
How on earth do you say goodbye like this? Everybody keeps telling me I will be back. But I am not so sure. I know myself well enough to know my plans don't last past the next thought. How will I fit in with my mates back home? Will they still understand me, or more importantly, will they understand me like my mates here do?
It's not the packing that is stressing me. Most of it could be thrown into the Dotonbori for all I care. Life goes on and life here will go on without me, just as my life wherever I end up will go on without all of this. I just don't want to forget anything or anyone, and vice versa.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

You are heading towards your new opportunities. Enjoy!

7:24 am

 
Blogger Divine Miss M said...

Just think of that adjustment, packing up your Melbourne life a few years ago and jetting off to Japan... How unknown was that?! And look at the great time you had and the great people you have met,you are a tough cookie and I know for one, Tam cant wait for you to get back...

10:42 am

 
Anonymous Ben said...

You have always been a person who has the ability to survive, no matter howe tough the road ahead seems. I know your scared and sad about the thought of leaving a place and people that you have come to love. However, you have travelled this path more then most.

Your ability to keep in contact with people in distance places means that those close to your heart in Japan will never be too far away (trust me, i know this from our friendship).

I'm sure you will be greeted back in Melbourne with many smiles and hugs. Like Tam, i can't wait for you to get back either.

6:33 am

 
Anonymous Tam said...

here, here. I totally agree. Don't be scared. You have a lifetime of memories, photos and friends. You are always only an email away. We have been long distance friends for years and still get along like it was yesterday we saw each other. You will be ok.

10:13 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home