a The Transit Lounge: Check and Check

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, December 11

Check and Check

It has been just over 3 days since I touched down in a dry and dusty Melbourne! One whole day was spent sleeping (that was Friday, bar waking up long enough to eat Indian food at my fave restauran in Warrandyte...and eating a vindaloo that was honest-to-god proper hot'n'spicy!! Spices, welcome back!)
One whole day was spent at my parents' Christmas party, drinking champagne and vodka cruisers. Great way to catch up with my family, which is huge. I forgot how funny they all are and just how much I like them all. My cousin bombing his own kids in the pool was hilarious.
One whole day was also spent swimming to escape the 43 degree heat. And since the temp dropped by over 20 degrees today - go melbourne and your 4 seasons in one day thing - I went shopping with mum and dad, wrote an article on Opium for next month's KS and caught up with my best mate Christie who dropped around with her man and their dog. Was really good to see her actually.
It is great to be back, it really is - except I forgot just how many damn bugs we have over here.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Divine Miss M said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! See you for NYE!

7:54 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

yes i am lookng forward to it!!im guna take u gals karaoke-ing too xoxo

7:22 pm

 
Anonymous Ben said...

oh no! Karaoke, look out!

I can't wait for this trip

7:39 am

 
Anonymous Tam said...

Maybe Ben if you are lucky, you will make it on to the fridge of fame!

5:52 pm

 
Blogger Divine Miss M said...

Karaoke!!! Are you insane?! You have never heard me sing... It's torture... ask Tam hehehe...

Look out Ben... Tam already has a spot for you on the fridge LOL...

xxoo

10:09 am

 
Anonymous Ben said...

Thank god there is someone else out there who can't sing. I suggest that we grab the mic and sing a duet. That will clear the room and give us easy access to the bar!

As for that space on the fridge, is don’t think that my efforts will sufficient to make it on the fridge of fame, maybe the fridge of shame, but definitely not fame

8:53 am

 
Blogger Divine Miss M said...

LOL... Wait till you see the fridge... It's not necessarily famous for good reasons... Mostly dodgy, drunken reasons! You will fit in fine... :)

Lizzie, please dont make me sing (sad)... Although Ben's idea of a clear path to the bar is tempting :)Very tempting...

10:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home