a The Transit Lounge: あけましておめでとう

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Tuesday, January 2

あけましておめでとう

Out with the old and in with the new. A quick snapshot:
  • Christmas was a family affair, all about the little ones - and me. I think the nephews were so excited they almost jumped out of their skin. A shame the scary masks I bought them reduced them to tears, as a result of me telling them they would come to life. Needless to say, the masks got left behind when the kids left.
  • Currently in Cairns, back at Tam's house. NYE was quiet in comparison to other years, but that meant I woke up (yes, I actually woke up for the first time in an age on January 1) without a sore head. That was also due to the decree we girls, well, decreed - "1 for 1"and no not 1 tequila for every jager shot but rather 1 glass of water for every alcoholic beverage consumed. I spent a lot of time in the Chapel toilets.
  • Haven't strictly started looking for work yet - that will happen tomorrow. Or the next day. But the sun is out today, as it has been for the last nearly 4 weeks snce leaving Japan(apart from when it wasn't). I must pull my finger out.
  • Tam read my tarot cards for me, which was actually a lot of fun and very insightful. Quite spot on too, in that it revealed I am in the midst of change both physically and creatively and that one of my biggest decisions to make at the moment, the one I keep pushing out of my head, is do I continue and build on what I have started, or branch out yet again into something different? Pity the cards don't actually give you any answers in the sense of "Here is what you should do..." The kind of answers you get are those you have to soul search for. Think I am over soul searching.
  • Does anyone want a Kick in the Balls? How about a Nipple Twist instead? There are some great cocktails on offer up here. And a few around I would love to give a Kick in the Balls to though.

Have fun with the 007 kids - I expect to shake and stir once more.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous sheree said...

hmmmm say what.... ur looking for work over the next couple of days!???

did u come to your senses and decide to move up north (fingers crossed) - i thought this was just a couple of weeks hols!???

HNY to you as well babe - sure it's going to be fantastic.... xo

5:36 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

I have come to my senses but that plan isn't an immediate one...so I will be returning to Mexico next week.

But in the meantime, looks like I am coming down your way for a night or two this weekend.

Hope Hamilton was rocking...

8:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home