a The Transit Lounge: Film Fantastic

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, January 15

Film Fantastic

Since I should be working on an article due days ago, I am using my time wisely by surfing the Internet and getting inspiration from other people to do anything but the task at hand (and making myself therefore feel like I am in fact using my time wisely).
So thanks Tam. I am sure the editor at Planet Asia will be thanking you too.
Movie Mania.
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Spaceballs, Dodgeball, Young Frankenstein, Zoolander, The King and I, Indianna Jones I, II, II, Back to the Future I, II, III, Stand By Me, every single James Bond with Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Timoty Dalton, Breakfast Club, Romancing the Stone, Goonies, Jewel of the Nile, True Lies...the list goes on.
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Ben Stiller

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Martin Lawrence. You should all know how I feel about this guy. As a product of good upbringing which involved Dad making me stay up late and giving me days off school to watch movies, I can watch anything. Anything but Martin Lawrence - and the day I made a mistake and bought a ticket to his movie was the only day I have ever walked out on a movie. Before the opening credits had even finished. Didn't even get to the title of the film. His name was enough to scratch my retinas.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Where do I start? Breakfast Club, Zoolander, Dodgeball, Spaceballs, Young Guns, Terminator I & II, Commando, Grease, Predator, 40 Year Old Virgin, The Anchorman, The Weatherman, Starsky & Hutch, Young Frankenstein, The Gods Must Be Crazy, Weekend At Bernies, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Sound of Music...
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Anything by Rogers & Hammerstein and Grease, which was on 2 days ago and had me singing every word.
7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with.
Grease, Moulin Rouge and anything by Rogers & Hammerstein

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Dogeball. What better way to laugh.

9. Name a movie that you own.
This Is Spinal Tap. The Stone Henge scene had me at take one.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Madonna. She has surprised me by not giving it up.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in?
Yes. Ghostbusters 2 comes to mind as does a Star Trek movie and Hear No Evil, See No Evil. We had one of the last drive ins in Victoria up the road from us. Dad would load us kids into the boot of the car so we could get in for free. Must have looked strange when Dad would park the car, get out, open the boot and 3 kids would come crawling out. Still nobody arrested him.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Nup. Movies are for watching and although I like to talk during movies and tell people what happens, who dies, who the killer is etc, touch me and I will change seats.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Crossroads with Britney Spears and The Godfather parts 2 & 3.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Yes, see question 4.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Bambi

16. Popcorn?
No, jaffas and choc tops please. Jaffas have more of an impact when you throw them at people.

17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Now that I am back in Melbourne, it will be once or twice a month. In Japan it was twice in 3 years - too expensive.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Night At The Museum. Ben Stiller is a seat filler!

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Comedy and slasher flicks.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
E.T.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gitte said...

CALAMITY JANE!!!!

And I remember you absolutely bawling after ET. Inconsolable.

6:46 pm

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

Oh yeah I forgot about Calam.

I like crying in movies....makes me geuninely believe I am capable of feeling things in reality. If I think I should be crying or upset about something, I think of a sad movie...

3:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home