a The Transit Lounge: The List Returns

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, February 7

The List Returns

Been a long time since you looked into my eyes, been a long time baby since you saw me cry... What I am trying to say is that it's been a long time since I did The List. For lack of creativity, here we have what's turning the motor this week:
1. Sneaky Sound System - Look 'em up and order their album off the 'Net if you are not in Oz. Saw them live when they supported Robbie Williams at the end of last year in Melbourne. Brilliant. Their lead singer Miss Connie hosts a video music clip show here in Oz but more importantly, not gay or nothin', but She. Is. So. Stunning. My sister and I could not take our eyes off her during their performance - she is very striking and has such a commanding presence on stage you cannot look away. Music is a throwback to electro retro as I call it. Very catchy. And so hoping to see them play along with Timo Maas, Beastie Boys and Snoop Dogg this weekend at Good Vibrations.
2. Cliff Trying to do a Kiwi Accent - Had a couple of interesting messgaes left on my phone the other night. Took a few playbacks to realise it was Cliff during his last night in Osaka doing his "Hoi Moy naaaime is Troii ind Oim From Nu Zillund." He said something about going fishing and eating sheep. Kudos Stiffy. Have a great flight back to the Big C.
3. Tim Tams - The new flavour Love Potions. Double chocolate and Raspberry. So good that because I am on a diet I limited myself to 2. Packets that is.
4. Mieko and Chie - They are coming to Oz next week! Tres excited about that one, will have to use some Frequent Flyer points and get back up to Sydney methinks. Fancy the Freeza sistas being reunited on southern shores so soon. No broken bones allowed.
5. Garlic & Chilli Prawns - Thanks for the memories Ben!
For all the ups, there are still a few things draining my battery:
1. Melbourne - Am allergic to this city, and not just on a snotty level. Not quite sure what I make of the move back yet, but I would say it is more negative than positive at the moment. I am trying to give it a chance before I do something drastic. Like move to Cairns.
2. Recruitment Biatches - Went into a recruitment/temp firm for an interview and to register my details. During the typing test, their systems failed. Twice. To which the consultant said I did something wrong. To which I said I did not, and to which the two receptionsits backed me up. Things went from bad to worse in her office when she said my experince overseas basically counts for nothing and my resume is baseless and has no foundation. She herself had spent 3 years in Japan and then began to patronise the whole Japanese experience, basically saying that she knows that the lifestyle in Japan is all too easy and way too much fun for anything I did to count towards anything here. Biatch.
3. Qantas - Australian's Premier Airline...my ass it is. So rude, so unfriendly, so un-Australian.
4. Some of My Closest Friends Living So Far Away - With all the skyping, msn-ing, emailing, texting and ringing, still doesn't count for having a drink face to face. Although Tam and I did drink a couple of coronas over MSN together a few weeks back.
5. Melbourne PT System - Japan truly spoiled me. ACtually no it didn't, public transport here has always sucked. Especially when you get a $158 fine for having your toes on the seat. I'm contesting that one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home