a The Transit Lounge: My Hommage to 1984

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Monday, February 12

My Hommage to 1984

1984.
The year George Orwell gave a lot of thought to.
The year of Ghostbusters, Corey Hart wearing his sunglasses at night and pineapples and fags doing the Agadoo.
The year I started school, got my ears pierced and lived in Germany for 3 months.
And the year 'The 22 Year Old' and Mr Ebay were born.
I swear hanging out with The 22 Year Old is like hanging out on campus again. It's great. We have a wicked time, both love music. He has given me jungle fever and I've introduced him to the world of dub.
Wicked.
As for Mr. Ebay, it's fully sik. Everything is sik. Mate. Well the mate is from me. But we've had a 'sik time textn 2 ea. otha.' Anyway, meeting up for dinner after I finish my Japanese class. Should be a laugh. Or a laff. Lol. Sik.
As M would say, what a great vintage!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Divine Miss M said...

I want a full run down on the totally sik Mr Ebay... And a photo too... :)) They are just too much fun...

10:36 am

 
Blogger Miss Riz said...

It was sik mate, playing pool and then eating at Greco's on Chapel with all the other 'muzzas'. I had never heard of a muzza before and had to ask him to explain... Anyway had a sik time, Mr. Ebay was very cute, but I think I am going to stick to having a wicked time. The 22 Year Old, who very well may be The 23 Year Old, since I have known him for almost a year now, is as you know So. Damn. Good. Looking. Just like in the movies.

8:54 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home