a The Transit Lounge: Nazi Boot Camp - Just Add Water

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Thursday, February 1

Nazi Boot Camp - Just Add Water

So I have joined a gym, in an effort to rid the excess Liz I picked up during my 'stay' in Japan.
Today I decided to give the Aqua class a try. Based on what I used to see at the Namba pools when I swam there, I fugred it would be gentle on the joints and easy on the huffy puffy.
Should have known better than to base my assumptions on what I observed in Japan, especially when applying them to the outside world. I never knew you could be so active in a pool - or that people actually use weights in the pool. The woman taking the class had obviously just pulled a huge rail. I can't exaplin her willingness to aqu-cize to tracks such as Steps' very annoying '5, 6, 7, 8...' at 9 in the morning any other way.
In any doubt, I passed out for 3 hours of deep sleep once I got home and now feel like I have been pulling wagons up Everest. Good thing I don't have a job to get in the way of any exercise I might do!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home