a The Transit Lounge: Where is the Logic in THAT??

Back in the Day: I had a quarter life crisis, headed to Osaka, Japan for the unknown–only to discover that a passport plane ride are not necessarily a ticket to escape. Some Years Later: Settled back in Oz, the man of my dreams ended up in Tokyo for work–which is how a passport and plane ride showed me home is where the heart is. And Now: Well as luck would have it, we are about to embark on Japan Mark 3, with a baby in tow and another on the way...

Wednesday, February 21

Where is the Logic in THAT??

I noticed when I ran onto the train this afternoon after work (yay work, I ave a job, but more about that later) that the young girl standing next to me had one leg. She started up conversation with me. Firstly she asked me if I knew if this was an express train or not, to which I replied that it was. It was her next line that floored me:
"Oh great because I ran so fast to make this train, I didn't get a chance to look at the monitor."
I almost asked how this was possible, as she was standing there on one leg leaning on her crutches. But I refrained.
She was very eager to keep the conversation going and I learned that she was beginning her first year of uni. Studying Architectual Engineering.
And Circus Arts.
Again without asking the bleeding obvious. I instead marvelled at how different each field of study was..
She then asked me if I liked gymnastics - to which I replied yes, and explained my history as a gymnast. I also learned that she too was an avid gymnast. Was and still is. I am fairly sure her "was" wasn't pertaining to any 'before when I had 2 legs' period of life, it just simply meant she was a keen gymnast as a child and still is.
She got off the train two stations before me.
All I wanted to do was scream out after her "For the love of God, how?????"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous mrm said...

She sounds amazing. You could have asked what area of gymnastics was her favourite.

8:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home